Speeding is something we have all done. Sometimes we end up speeding down the highway to get to our destination on time or cruising through the backroads blasting music with the windows down. No matter what made you put the pedal to the metal, if you get caught speeding, you could end up with a hefty ticket. This is why if you’re going to drive fast, you should have some excuses for speeding on hand.
So what reasons for speeding ticket dismissal can you give that will help your cause? Having some good excuses at the ready for when a police officer pulls you over could get you out of trouble. Next time you see those flashing lights in your rearview mirror, don’t panic. Instead, consider using the list of excuses for speeding below.
Here is a List of Excuses to Use When Caught Speeding
So, what to say when fighting a speeding ticket? What excuses for driving over the speed limit can you give? Take a look at this list of excuses and reasons for speeding ticket dismissal:
- You didn’t realize just how fast you were going.
- You were keeping in line with the speed everyone else was driving.
- There was a medical emergency at home.
- You didn’t see what the speed limit was on the road.
- Your elderly parent fell down the stairs, and you are trying to get to them.
- You are late for an important doctor’s appointment you can’t miss.
- You’re late for a job interview, and you really need the position.
- Your baby has a fever at home, and you are rushing to get baby Advil.
- You’re bringing home hot food to the family and didn’t want it to get cold.
- You are late to a family member’s funeral.
- You’re late to pick up your child from a friend’s house.
- You’re supposed to meet your partner for date night and are close to missing it.
- Another driver had road rage, and you were speeding to escape their crazy driving.
- You thought you saw a hand waving from the trunk of a car in front of you and wanted to tail them to get help.
Funny Excuses for Speeding
Hopefully, the cop that has pulled you over for speeding has a sense of humor. Sometimes a good laughable excuse can get you out of the toughest situations. So try one of these more humorous reasons for speeding to see if it just can’t get you off with a warning.
- You really have to get home to use the bathroom or you’ll pee your pants.
- You did pee your pants, and now you have to rush home to change before a meeting so no one knows.
- Your in-laws are visiting, and you need to get away from them for a while.
- Your bowels are dreadfully backed up and need laxatives right away.
- Gangsters are chasing you for owed money, and you’re trying to get away.
Serious or funny, a good explanation for speeding could help you out of a ticket. So next time you see those blue and red flashing lights in your rearview mirror, remember this list. Hopefully, one of these excuses can get you out of trouble, so you don’t have to look up how to get a speeding ticket dismissed.